With over 25 years of experience in designing HR systems to improve business results, we have deep experience across a wide variety of industries allowing us to draw upon the most appropriate cutting-edge solutions to meet your needs. We pride ourselves on offering a flexible approach in how we work with our clients to best meet their needs; whether that is acting as an advisor to your team or providing complete project management from start to implementation.
Edie Goldberg, Ph.D. is the founder of E. L. Goldberg & Associates. She focuses her practice on designing HR systems to attract, engage, develop and retain employees. Examples of client assignments include the following:
Developed a performance management process that involved:
- eliminating ratings to create a more dialogue-based performance management process
- aligning the organizational goal setting process with the individual goal setting process to create clear line-of-sight with measurable results
- identifying company-wide competencies that set new expectations for performance
- creating a greater coaching and development focus to enable employees to maximize their ability to contribute to organizational success.
- leveraging social technologies to make the process more dynamic
- creating a strong pay-for-performance linkage.
Created global leadership development programs designed to identify potential leadership talent and build bench strength for the future. Programs included:
- leadership assessments
- individual coaching
- action learning programs
- developmental assessment centers
Designed career management processes for various organizations to help develop, retain and engage employees
Designed assessment processes (including competency-based interviewing, testing, 360-assessments, and assessment centers) to select and develop talent to meet the organizations needs.
Conducted an organization effectiveness audit to understand and execute changes needed in organization design to ensure the organization’s ability to achieve its strategic objectives
Conducted organizational capability analysis to understand gaps and root causes to inform the HR strategy
Designed new employee orientation programs to foster organizational commitment and accelerate productivity. Program components included:
- facilitating integration in the organization thru new relationships and tools
- building awareness regarding organization values
- increasing product and services knowledge
- introduction to performance management and new expectations
- creating an understanding of career opportunities within the organization.
Before starting her own company, Dr. Goldberg worked for Towers Perrin as the Global Leader in Learning & Development, Career Management, & Succession Planning. During the last year with Towers Perrin she co-lead a company-wide initiative focusing on Talent Management which resulted in groundbreaking research on employee perceptions regarding what attracts and retains them as well as the development of a process to help companies attract, retain, and engage their workforce.
Prior to working for Towers Perrin Dr. Goldberg spent five and a half years as a business unit manager for a boutique consulting firm specializing in assessment and development. She also worked for the Navy Personnel Research and Development Center in San Diego where she participated in some of the seminal Total Quality Management research in the U.S.
Dr. Goldberg has published research and articles in the areas of performance management, career management, building management capability, test validation, test score banding, and future-oriented job analysis, and has presented numerous papers on developing core competencies, performance management, organization change, and total quality management. She earned her Ph.D. in industrial and organizational psychology from the University of Albany, State University of New York, and her B.A. and M.S. from San Diego State University. She is a member of the Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology (SIOP), the California HR Strategy Forum (HRSF), and HR People + Strategy (HRPS). And she is the founder of the Bay Area Applied Psychologists, and is the past-president of the HRSF, and past Chairperson for HRPS.